This week I re-discovered a technique for displaying a random item from a list using XSL. This can apply to both Content Query Web Parts (CQWP) and XSLT List View Web Parts (XLV) and is actually a very trivial piece of XSL.
The technique goes something like:
Get a count of how many items to . . . → Read More: Displaying a random list item with XSL
As I was writing up a post in my collection of bugs with the XSLT List View Web Part I received a comment on a previous post regarding using the XLV with a list from a different site. The commenter (thanks Roy!) was reporting an issue when viewing a document library from one site on . . . → Read More: XLV Bug: Unable to use folders with cross-site XLV
Another instalment of my mini-series about some bugs that I’ve encountered with the XSLT List View Web Part – this time looking at an error that occurs if you try and show a content type enabled list on a different site using the XLV.
This post is part of a series consisting of several other . . . → Read More: XLV Bug: Content type enabled list XLV can’t be added to sites
After working with the XSLT List View Web Part for a good while now I’ve discovered some great features and a few annoying niggles or bugs. Whilst I’ll continue to post new finds and interesting techniques, I thought it worthwhile gathering the list of bugs together into a series – as I believe they’re something . . . → Read More: XLV Bug: View settings lost on saved XSLT List View Web Part
A little while ago I wrote how it was possible to create an XSLT List View Web Part that could be exported. Whilst this is very useful, I actually find myself using a similar technique more often for displaying an XLV for a list on a different site from where has been created.
For example, . . . → Read More: Creating an XSLT List View Web Part from a Different Site