This week I re-discovered a technique for displaying a random item from a list using XSL. This can apply to both Content Query Web Parts (CQWP) and XSLT List View Web Parts (XLV) and is actually a very trivial piece of XSL.
The technique goes something like:
Get a count of how many items to . . . → Read More: Displaying a random list item with XSL
I saw a message on the twitter tag #SPHelp today from @paulschaeflein asking how to troubleshoot the Content Query Web Part. After recently rediscovering a post I’d written on a bug with the CQWP it was fresh in my memory that I’d previously had to do a similar thing. In particular I’d wanted to inspect . . . → Read More: Inspecting the CAML of a Content Query Web Part
Recently I’ve spent a lot of time working with the XSLT List View Web Part so it was a nice change last week to work on a solution involving the Content Query Web Part (CQWP). For my particular task of aggregating data from multiple lists the CQWP was the obvious choice – and by writing . . . → Read More: Querying Specific Lists With The Content Query Web Part
I got a message from a pal (@AndrewJolly) asking if I knew anything about displaying the contents of a Links List in the Content Query Web Part (CQWP). I vaguely remembered having had some difficulties with this in the past so I thought I’d take a quick look into it. The good news is that . . . → Read More: Displaying a links list in the CQWP (SP2010)
As I detailed in my last post, it’s possible to display a user’s profile photo in a data form web part. I attempted to use a similar technique to display a photo in some custom XSL for a content query web part (CQWP) and unfortunately ran into a brick wall. After exploring many options, and . . . → Read More: Display a user’s picture in the content query web part