Creating an XSLT List View Web Part from a Different Site

A little while ago I wrote how it was possible to create an XSLT List View Web Part that could be exported. Whilst this is very useful, I actually find myself using a similar technique more often for displaying an XLV for a list on a different site from where has been created.

For example, . . . → Read More: Creating an XSLT List View Web Part from a Different Site

Querying Specific Lists With The Content Query Web Part

Recently I’ve spent a lot of time working with the XSLT List View Web Part so it was a nice change last week to work on a solution involving the Content Query Web Part (CQWP). For my particular task of aggregating data from multiple lists the CQWP was the obvious choice – and by writing . . . → Read More: Querying Specific Lists With The Content Query Web Part

Getting Site IDs, List IDs and Site Column Internal Names

For various tasks in SharePoint it’s useful to be able to find out the IDs or internal names of various elements in your SharePoint site. As this is something that I often have to do I thought it would be worth jotting down the steps that I go through to get these.

Finding a List . . . → Read More: Getting Site IDs, List IDs and Site Column Internal Names

Switching content types of an item doesn’t lose field values

I was asked a question the other day that at first glance seems to be a really simple question – but yet I didn’t immediately know the answer to it. Having got the answer I think it’s worth sharing. The question was:

“If a list item has its content type changed does it lose the . . . → Read More: Switching content types of an item doesn’t lose field values

XLV Bug: XSL Link Property and the ECB Menu

Update 28/07/2011: This post is now part of a series consisting of several other bugs I’ve seen with the XSLT List View Web Part:

View settings lost on saved XSLT List View Web Part Content type enabled list XLV can’t be added to sites XSL Link Property and the ECB Menu (this post!) Multiple web . . . → Read More: XLV Bug: XSL Link Property and the ECB Menu