XLV Bug: View settings lost on saved XSLT List View Web Part

After working with the XSLT List View Web Part for a good while now I’ve discovered some great features and a few annoying niggles or bugs. Whilst I’ll continue to post new finds and interesting techniques, I thought it worthwhile gathering the list of bugs together into a series – as I believe they’re something . . . → Read More: XLV Bug: View settings lost on saved XSLT List View Web Part

Listing all web parts in a site collection with PowerShell

As our current project has progressed we’ve quite naturally ended up with many pages of content. This is good news and highlights the success of the project – however in a solution with development on-going there are times when it is difficult to stay on top of all the content.

In particular if we’re interested . . . → Read More: Listing all web parts in a site collection with PowerShell

Creating an XSLT List View Web Part from a Different Site

A little while ago I wrote how it was possible to create an XSLT List View Web Part that could be exported. Whilst this is very useful, I actually find myself using a similar technique more often for displaying an XLV for a list on a different site from where has been created.

For example, . . . → Read More: Creating an XSLT List View Web Part from a Different Site