Central Administration provides several ways to view timer job history for a SharePoint farm. From the Job History page, you can view by Service, Web Application, Server, Job Definition or Failed Jobs. This is a really useful resource when you’re analysing issues with a specific job or service. However, if you want to investigate by . . . → Read More: Viewing Timer Job History for a Specific Date and Time Period
When working with SharePoint it’s inevitable that at some point you will come across a Correlation ID on your screen! These are invaluable for tracking down issues when you’re building new functionality – and are handily displayed in the onscreen error messages so that they can be plugged into ULS Viewer to track down the . . . → Read More: Finding a Correlation ID using Fiddler
This week I re-discovered a technique for displaying a random item from a list using XSL. This can apply to both Content Query Web Parts (CQWP) and XSLT List View Web Parts (XLV) and is actually a very trivial piece of XSL.
The technique goes something like:
Get a count of how many items to . . . → Read More: Displaying a random list item with XSL
After a few teething problems, I finally managed to get my Office 365 account (Plan P1) working with the Lync for Mac client. This isn’t a post about how those problems were resolved (update the client to version 14.0.1!) – but rather a comment on a simple observation made when I finally started to use . . . → Read More: Lync Online Observation: Missing Photos With Federated Users
I saw a message on the twitter tag #SPHelp today from @paulschaeflein asking how to troubleshoot the Content Query Web Part. After recently rediscovering a post I’d written on a bug with the CQWP it was fresh in my memory that I’d previously had to do a similar thing. In particular I’d wanted to inspect . . . → Read More: Inspecting the CAML of a Content Query Web Part